The Office of Jonathan Wilkinson, Member of Parliament for North Vancouver, is currently seeking a qualified candidate to fill the role of Administrative Assistant. While all interested individuals will be considered, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Administrative Assistant will work with the North Vancouver constituency team to provide support on current commitments, events and ongoing activities. These tasks include, but are not limited to, managing the Member of Parliament’s schedule, attending meetings, conducting research, meeting with constituents and following up on constituent requests. Additional office administration and casework support will also be required. The Administrative Assistant will be expected to work 30 hours per week with occasional evening and weekend work required.
Skills and Abilities:
• Personable and professional
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Able to multi-task and adapt to changing responsibilities / problem solver
• Organized and proactive
• Event planning and data input experience an asset
• Strong computer skills
• Respect for constituents and the confidential nature of casework
• Coordinate schedule for Member of Parliament
• Assist with meeting notes and follow up actions
• Assist with organizing community outreach activities
• Assist with event planning and day of activities
• Assist with volunteer coordination
• Assist with research and drafting responses to correspondence
• Assist with constituent case work as needed, including data entry to central database
• Other duties as required
Salary and Benefits:
$15/hour for 30 hours per week
Benefits include extended health, dental, pension plan, and paid vacation
LOCATION OF WORK: 102 – 3rd St. West, North Vancouver
HOURS OF WORK: 30 hours per week with occasional weekend and evenings required
START DATE: ASAP
Interested individuals should submit a CV and cover letter to jonathan.wilkinson.C1A@parl.gc.ca by Tuesday, October 10th at 9:00pm Pacific Standard Time. Please use subject line “Administrative Assistant”.
Select individuals will be contacted for interviews.